Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Carousel

For as long as I can remember I have always loved ballet. My yearning to learn this dance was inspired after watching Rogers and Hammerstein's film Carousel as a child. The scene of Louisa's ballet always makes me feel like becoming a dancer and invokes such fond memories


A couple of years ago I set out to learn it and bought myself some pink leather ballet shoes. I attended an evening ballet class once a week and thoroughly enjoyed it, until I began working in the evenings and I was no longer able to attend the class. Since then I haven't danced or practiced but I was recently inspired to start up again after entering a dance shop in Mestre, Italy. I approached a cupboard where there were ballet shoes upon ballet shoes, stacked on top of one another. It was such a beautiful sight.


So I will share my favourite ballet scene with you, I absolutely love the musical score!


No comments:

Post a Comment